[Bf-committers] [21114] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender: New Style option: Overlap

Diego B bdiego at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:09:51 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Matt Ebb<matt at mke3.net> wrote:

> That's exactly what the point of kerning is! :) to move characters
> with large perceptual space between the letterforms closer together,
> so that the space between characters is even - check the examples on
> the wikipedia page for a simple intro [1] . This makes text more
> easily readable, as the word-shapes are more complete and easily
> recognisable, which is how we read [2]. Again this is basic typography
> :)
>
> It sounds like you personally want something that looks like a fixed
> width font - in which case I'd suggest you should yourself use a fixed
> width font that's designed for it, and you don't have to worry about
> these unnecessary options.
>
> Anyway, I wanted to find you in IRC, but the kerning problems are
> still there. I've updated my comparison image from before - refresh
> this: http://mke3.net/blender/devel/2.5/kerning.png

I see what you mean now, but this option was because this is how the text
show here:

Default, without any option -> http://imagebin.org/53543
With the "overlap check" enable -> http://imagebin.org/53544

The big problem is that I already revert all my change for kerning and
user space, I mean
now all the things are optional and disable by default, so I don't
know why the problem is still there..
hmhm the only thing is that now, the cursor position is a float and
before was an int... let me revert
that too and see what happen.