[Bf-committers] new idea: production information

j.bakker at atmind.nl j.bakker at atmind.nl
Wed Jun 24 16:04:30 CEST 2009

Hi Tyler,

I can think of to integrate some functionality to have directly available
in the blender file browser as you might not want to switch applications.
But I think that some functionality should also be available without
starting blender. What do you think about that?

User Scenario - integrated within blender:
You see a blend file in the blender file browser, you select the file and
press file info button. at that moment, the some info will be displayed,
like:
 * basic scene info (name, resolution, image type)
 * what external libraries and texture are needed and probably also showing
which are missing.
What information is useful in this scenario?

something like the commercial "gridiron flow" tool does.

As I understand your second note, It will be more infrastructure related. I
think this infrastructure should be open, as it should also be possible to
use the infrastructure with tools like gimp and notepad or whatever. How
does blender fit in such a infrastructure? The commercial product "temerity
pipeline" has some functionalities of this type.

Greetings,
Jeroen