[Bf-committers] [21114] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender: New Style option: Overlap

Diego B bdiego at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 22:28:48 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 5:18 PM, GSR<gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> bdiego at gmail.com (2009-06-23 at 1634.05 -0300):

>> > Is this related to typographic ligatures?
>>
>> In some way yes.. more about kerning space, when we apply the kerning
>> information the new cursor position can be "before"
>> the old one, so in this case we can drop the kerning information.
>
> What about "VA" glyph pair?
>
> I dunno if you are fixing or breaking something. "Fi" is going to look
> "packed" if is a proper ligature.

That is why this is optional, here look better with the option enable,
but that don't mean
that all like that way, so by default is disable.

This is not about what is "proper ligature", this is about give an
option to the user that want
a little more "readable font", nothing more, nothing else.

By default the blenfont library apply the kerning information and
don't touch anything more.

... so just give an option :)