[Bf-committers] empty objects on NaN positions...

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Mon Jun 22 16:02:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've seen the 3D cursor at a NaN position too before in .blend files,
but couldn't figure out how it got there. The workaround is to go in the
view properties panel and reset it. But what we really need is a way to
redo this bug, the steps to get the 3D cursor at such an invalid
position.

We can't do much with a .blend file where the problem has already
happened unfortunately, it's the steps to get there that matter.
Further, a motivated developer can go over all code that modifies the
cursor position and check for things like division and square roots that
could generate NaN's.

Thanks,
Brecht.