[Bf-committers] Bas relief node(and possible derivatives)

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Wed Jun 17 23:30:25 CEST 2009

Hi delai,
thanks for the cheers up with my work.
I don't think this node would be ever good in python, since it allready is
quite time-consuming in C, but I definitely agree it could
become a plugin in the future, somehow connected to RNA.
 This is although I really don't like
anything not being distributed with the software, since then
it usually gets lost(Lots of blender scripts got saved only thanks to
the great efforts on the wiki).

about offline rendering for domes - can't  'map UV'  node allready
do that?

I didn't mention it explicitely but I'd still like any feedback about the
other features I mention in the documentation last paragraph, like frequency based tuning
of images and normalmap->displacement map conversion.I am curious if there's
interest in such tools.

Cheers,
Vilda