[Bf-committers] Bas relief node(and possible derivatives)

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Mon Jun 15 21:55:52 CEST 2009

Hello,

I finally found some time to make the documentation
 of the Bas-relief node, which I coded about 2 months ago.
I made the documentation in the wiki and linked to a patch,
since after a talk with Ton on meeting some time ago we
agreed it is not really a priority to include this in a release.
Only if there would be strong voices calling for integration
I would advocate for the inclusion. The patch should compile
fine against 2.49.

I'd like interested developers to read the bottom of the page,
the section about the code. I think the code of the node can find
more interesting uses when split up, and I want to know if there
is interest in such tools.

The documentation can be found here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Pildanovak
(I couldn't find a way how to add projects to the 'current projects'
under 'development' section in the wiki, it just opened
the table template...)

cheers,
Vilem Novak