[Bf-committers] CSG - Carve GPLed

Tobias Sargeant tobias.sargeant at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 23:44:51 CEST 2009

On 03/06/2009, at 6:32, Ken Hughes <khughes at pacific.edu> wrote:

> I assume you can it operate on non-manifold meshes.  A quick test here
> indicates no.

Carve itself can handle open surfaces, but that's not built into the
intersect tool, as the type of result you want needs to be specified
explicitly. It is unclear how you define all possible operations,
especially in the case of a mixture of closed and open surfaces. I
think in this case the best solution might be to return the divided
surfaces and get the user to choose which to keep.

Toby