[Bf-committers] Official announcement on Siggraph?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Jul 31 15:56:42 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback.

We'll draft a press release that clearly explains the roadmap, where
the "2.5x series" is meant to further improve and validate the new
Blender architecture.
However, I do think we can say that this first october version will be
*usable* though, for many features up to par with the 2.49 version, and
in many ways better even!

After Siggraph, we can draft a shortlist of 'release targets' for
october, so we can clearly define the areas that should work, and the
parts that's WIP still. Proper communication about the software status
will help us a lot on getting good and useful reports back.

Laters,

-Ton-