[Bf-committers] Official announcement on Siggraph?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Jul 30 13:33:27 CEST 2009

Hi all,

(Cross posted to 2 lists)

You know, the press loves good statements, and at the Siggraph exhibit
we'll have a lot of good attention. We will print nice 'spec sheets'
for Blender 2.5, and spread an official press release too.

Just mentioning how great 2.5 is won't make good headlines... so we
better just announce a real release date! :) So I'd like to propose to
add this statement in our communication:

"The first release of the 2.5x series is expected to be available in
october 2009."

We actually should move in august to make official testing builds
available anyway, and open up a bugtracker for people to post reports
in.
I don't expect 2.5 is "ready" in october... but software is never ready
anyway! Better release often, and improve by each step.

Sounds like a plan? Serious objections should be posted quick, we will
make our sheets and press releases sunday, in New Orleans.

Thanks,

-Ton-