[Bf-committers] Latest Carve update

Tobias Sargeant tobias.sargeant at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 02:19:10 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Joseph
Greenawalt<jsgreenawalt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ken,
>
> I've created a win32 build using your patch and msvc 2008 express (had
> a really hard time building csg-carve as static libs for win32 - had
> to create the project from scratch in the end).  It seems to work
> pretty well, but doesn't preserve/transfer UV coords as far as I can
> tell... is it supposed to?

Carve can transfer (and interpolate) UV coordinates, but looking at Ken's
patch, that isn't implemented yet. I didn't see evidence that the original
CSG code transferred UVs. Either way, I'm happy to implement the
interpolation for the carve interface (I just need to understand how the
UV etc. info gets transferred from the blender data structures).

On the win32 building front, I must admit that I'm a bit of a neophyte. I'm
much more comfortable with xcode and autotools. If you were prepared
to help out with making it build more smoothly on windows, I'd be very
grateful. Even just tips, or a description of the problems you had would be
a big help.

Thanks,
Toby.