[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, July 12, 2009

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 12 18:37:57 CEST 2009

1) 2.49a issues

Windows build has probs:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=19010&group_id=9&atid=125

And some other reports... we'll have to keep track of this, and look
into a 'b'?
Alternative is only update 2.49a for windows. Comes back next week.

2) GSoC

Mid term survey reports are sent for all google students. No drop-outs!
Some remarks:

- Yingyuan needs feedback about node/render integration, ton replies
- Chingiz will help making a Siggraph demo, showing a Blender character
Collada export work in Maya
- Andre updated tests:
http://andresp.no-ip.org/soc2009/btest/html/test_real

3) Blender 2.5

- Peter proposes to integrate image viewer for Sequencer with Image
Window. Same can be for anim player. Brecht/Ton will look into this,
but it's not on the urgent prio list for siggraph demo now.

- Python 3.1 migration:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/PythonAPI_31

Meeting agrees on pursuing this! Means we will support Python 3.1 as
default in the Blender 2.5 branch soon, but keep it work (#ifdeffed)
for Python 2.6 as well.

Migration steps:
a) Get it well tested, for all platforms!
b) Include library in the platform lib/ directory (also linux?)
c) Agree on all details (like modules zipped in svn, where?)

Campbell will coordinate it further, next week we'll check on status.

- Asset browser
Andrea has proposal for asset browser:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/AssetBrowser

4) Other projects

- Jörg reports good progress in has branch, has first audio playing in
GE already He will keep working in his branch, until the key specs are
tested/approved. The specs from the "future prospects" will get added
after merge of branch, but 3D sound could be added before...

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:NeXyon/Sound

-Ton-