[Bf-committers] Deprecated methods in Blender Game Engine SVN(2.5 to be?)

Mitchell Stokes mitchell at daboys4u.com
Wed Jan 28 15:22:07 CET 2009

On Jan 27, 2009 9:42pm, patrick <patrick at 11h11.com> wrote:
> blenderplayer.exe is not closing the console on windows :
>
> #ifdef WIN32
>
> #ifdef NDEBUG
>
> if (closeConsole)
>
> {
>
> //::FreeConsole();    // Close a console window
>
> }
>
> #endif // NDEBUG
>
> #endif // WIN32anyone can fix this?
>

> also, maybe it's on my side, but the blenderplayer.exe frequency mode is not
>
> working:
>

> blenderplayer.exe -f 320 240 16 30
>
> resolution: ok (320x240)
>
> bit depth: ok (16)
>
> frequency mode: 60 fps WHY?

I already noticed this and a bit more. I submitted a patch to fix this
to the tracker about a week ago:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=18181&group_id=9&atid=306

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:18 AM, Nathan Letwory <jesterking at letwory.net> wrote:
> Instead of FreeConsole you should link to the proper subsystem. This
> can be set by changing in scons config the platform linking flags to
> have /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS instead of /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE
>
> I am against doing this by code.
>
> /Nathan

Is there still a way to show the console? Would it be the same as with
Linux and Mac where one simply has to run blenderplayer through a
command line interface to get console output? I'll run some tests.

-Mitchell "Moguri" Stokes