[Bf-committers] Speeding up sequencer scopes drawing

Xavier Thomas xavier.thomas.1980 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 17:21:45 CET 2009

Proxies are for input strips, the scopes are drawn based on the render
result (at preview size, if preview is enabled).
But each space area displaying a scope will analyse all pixel of this render
result to draw the scope. Drawing a scope by analysing only a part of the
pixels will speed things up.

Note that from what I read the subsampled image is 16 lines with the same x
resolution (for example if your project is 1920x1080 pixels, then the
subsampled image used for drawing the scopes is 1920x16 pixels) but I
suppose other kind of sumbsamplig (or quick scale) can do the work too.

Xavier