[Bf-committers] How about adding boost uBLAS library to blender/extern?

Konstantinos Margaritis markos at codex.gr
Sun Jan 25 10:56:29 CET 2009

Στις Saturday 24 January 2009 20:11:20 ο/η Sebastian Skejø έγραψε:
> Hi,
>
> Have you looked at Eigen2? Not completely sure what you exactly want,
> but I think it should be able to do what you want and according to their
> benchmarks it outperforms uBlas.
> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org
> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Benchmark

Plus, it supports SSE2/SSE3 and AltiVec for ppc CPUs (I did the AltiVec port
and I'm in the process of porting to Cell as well). Performance gain is more
than 2-3x faster for SSE double and ~4x for single precision floats. Though,
it's a C++ only library while Blender(renderer) is written in C (perhaps it
would be a nice idea to port in C++ :)

Konstantinos