[Bf-committers] Wiki reorganization proposal

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 12:09:08 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:12 AM, Nathan Letwory <jesterking at letwory.net> wrote:
> 2009/1/16 Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>:
>> Though Im not sure why we would want to have some scripts in
>> bf-scripts/bf-extensions and others in bf-blender,  The bf-scripts svn
>> has alredy failed to gain interest from script developers as a
>> 'contrib' only repo. So if were going to use it at all, Id prefer put
>> all blenders scripts there and use an external svn repo thingy so
>> updating blender updates scripts too.
>
> The only reason that it failed was because there wasn't a proper
> pulling force for it.
>
>> Btw, who wants to do this? :)
>
> With mindrones and Meta pulling it I see it can become successful.
> They have already shown good determination and have done a lot of work
> on the wiki, including the Scripts Catalog.
>
> Anyway, they get started now here:
> https://projects.blender.org/projects/bf-extensions
>
> In the end, time will show :)
>
> /Nathan

So were still not sure if all blender scripts will go into bf-extensions or not?
for me this is one of the biggest changes suggested (regarding script
re-organization).

If it does happen we do some svn moving and external path linking for
bf-blender. Otherwise it only means people start committing their own
scripts to blenders external scripts repo, something which could have
happened any time already without discussion.

--
- Campbell