[Bf-committers] Wiki reorganization proposal

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Fri Jan 16 11:12:14 CET 2009

2009/1/16 Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>:
> Though Im not sure why we would want to have some scripts in
> bf-scripts/bf-extensions and others in bf-blender,  The bf-scripts svn
> has alredy failed to gain interest from script developers as a
> 'contrib' only repo. So if were going to use it at all, Id prefer put
> all blenders scripts there and use an external svn repo thingy so
> updating blender updates scripts too.

The only reason that it failed was because there wasn't a proper
pulling force for it.

> Btw, who wants to do this? :)

With mindrones and Meta pulling it I see it can become successful.
They have already shown good determination and have done a lot of work
on the wiki, including the Scripts Catalog.

Anyway, they get started now here:
https://projects.blender.org/projects/bf-extensions

In the end, time will show :)

/Nathan