[Bf-committers] Wiki reorganization proposal

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Thu Jan 15 20:19:05 CET 2009

Hi Natanael,

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 19:49 +0100, Natanael Olaiz wrote:
> El 01/12/2009 05:02 PM, Brecht Van Lommel escribió:
> > * A point of access for people wanting to participate. A mailing list,
> > forum or even personal e-mail address for people who want to get
> > involved should be there and _responsive_. Of course there are the
> > blender.org forums, #blenderwiki, and bf-docboard but the point is that
> > there should be at least 1 person who is actually following that and can
> > answer questions and distribute tasks.
> >
> > [...]
> Just a thought: please no more lists!! I think that creating more
> lists/forums would confuse and disperse the people. There are so many
> blender lists with almost no messages, and even no description. If there
> is someone who wants to take the task of following the project, why
> don't use the existing bf-docboard?
>
> Well, I just wanted to say that. After some time suscripted to some of
> the lists I'm still a little confused about the proper lists for some
> questions...

I completely agree, I'm not proposing to create a new list, using
bf-docboard is fine. My point is that there isn't really way to figure
out how to get started and what to work on, without figuring it out for
yourself. There's mails to bf-docboard where people volunteer to help,
and often there is no reply or no really helpful reply, simply because
no one really has an overview or a plan for what needs to happen.

Brecht.