[Bf-committers] jpeg2000 read/write support.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 07:14:10 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 3:05 AM, Peter Schlaile <peter at schlaile.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Managed to get RGB 8bit JP2 images loading ok, though writing is
>> probably the complicated part.
>>
>> Would be interested in Peter's feedback on this too.
>
> just go ahead. I only added it for RED-support, so it is probably a good
> idea, to have some _real_ use cases :)
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=18164&group_id=9&atid=127

---- snip
This patch uses the openjpeg library to support saving and loading
jpeg2000 RGB, RGBA. with 8,12,16bit color channels.
higher then 8 bit depth buffers are converted from/to blenders float buffers.

I tried adding 32it channel support but it dosnt seem to with with openjpeg.

There is also support for using openjpegs built in cinema2k and 4k
profiles, however this was added by passing flags
to the image load function (there is no other way it seems).
----

- Campbell