[Bf-committers] Blender 2.5 api proposal.

Banlu Kemiyatorn object at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 03:46:07 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 6:34 AM, Early Ehlinger <earlye at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I'd be willing to make a MS Script Engine plug-in on Windows to allow
> VBScript and (MS) JavaScript.  Obviously this would only work under Windows,
> so minus points on that, but it would help the fairly large population of
> Windows users more easily automate things if they already know BASIC.
>
> I've done this experimentally under LightWave, since their LScript language
> leaves a lot to be desired, and it's not a huge effort given a good C API to
> build on.
>
> I would imagine that Mozilla's JavaScript implementation should be fairly
> easy to implement as well.
>
> -- Early Ehlinger, President, ResPower, Inc.

Hello, I have been working on Moz js support for awhile.

http://th.blender.wikia.com/wiki/User:Banlu_Kemiyatorn/Frappuccino

Please note that I don't intend to have this in trunk nor do I support
the idea of having a second
script language in Blender, beside using it for my own work-flow. But
if someone wish to either get
it in or want it in their own branch, I would not mind to contribute.

Cheer!
--
    .----.     Banlu Kemiyatorn
  /.../\...\   Free Software Yogi