[Bf-committers] BGE API - was 2.49 release proposal

blender at erwincoumans.com blender at erwincoumans.com
Wed Feb 18 21:30:24 CET 2009

Good to see there is some interest in BGE development.

Whenever possible, can you please make sure to make your changes backwards
compatible, so the scripts don't break?

I like Benoits proposal to use Blender 2.49 as a bridge to 2.50 (that breaks
all backwards compatibility?), so 2.49 can still run all demos including in
the latest BGE books etc.

So please avoid changing functionality for an existing method without
changing its name. It would be better to add a new method under a different
name that returns an actual object instead of name, or skipping the prefix
OB/MA/ME etc.

Thanks a lot,
Erwin