[Bf-committers] Patch #18291 -- Viewing muliple object UV's in the UV/Image editor

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed Feb 18 17:09:42 CET 2009

Hi all,

This patch is a combined effort between myself and Guillermo S. Romero.
I would like to have approval by the image window module owner (Brecht?)
and if approved, I would like to commit it to be included it in the 2.49
release.

Tracker link is here:
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=18291&group_id=9&atid=127

(Ugly) screenshot here
http://bebop.cns.ualberta.ca/~cwant/multi-object-uv.png

Description is below. Any comments or concerns are welcomed!

Cheers,
Chris

Sometimes it is nice to use one image to assign UV textures
to multiple objects. Blender currently lacks the ability
to show the UV mappings of other objects in the image window
while another object is being mapped/edited. This patch
creates a setting in the image window view properties dialog
called "Other Objs". When this button is set, any faces from
other selected objects that have also been mapped to the object
will show up in the UV/Image editor.