[Bf-committers] 2.49 release proposal

Mitchell Stokes mitchell at daboys4u.com
Tue Feb 17 14:38:45 CET 2009

I agree with Ben on this. A 2.49 would allow for a nice transition of the
BGE Python API. However, currently, it doesn't look like the API changes
will be done in time for a March/April release. A May/June release I think
would be more feasible for the BGE API.

--Mitchell "Moguri" Stokes

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 4:37 AM, Benoit Bolsee <benoit.bolsee at online.be>wrote:

> I'm strongly in favor of a 2.49 release. There has been significant
> improvements on the BGE side that deserve an official release:
> VideoTexture, BGE API cleanup, bug fixes.
> For the BGE API cleanup, we plan to have a transition phase where the
> old API will still be supported but will produce deprecation warnings on
> the console. A 2.49 release will allow us to propose a smooth transition
> from 2.4x to 2.50 by introducing the new API in 2.49 and dropping the
> old in 2.50.
> Then the procedure to upgrade the scripts will be as follow: run your
> game under 2.49 with warnings enabled, fix the scripts until there is no
> warning, the game is ready for 2.50!
> Without a 2.49 we will have to do the transition between 2.50 and 2.51,
> which looks a bit odd, or worse between a unofficial release and 2.50.
> Of course if we decide to go for a 2.49 release, I'll make sure that the
> new API and VideoTexture and fully ready for the release.
> /benoit
> _______________________________________________
> Bf-committers mailing list
> Bf-committers at blender.org
> http://lists.blender.org/mailman/listinfo/bf-committers
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/attachments/20090217/487020c9/attachment.htm 

More information about the Bf-committers mailing list