[Bf-committers] 2.49 release proposal

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 01:21:07 CET 2009

Disagree with all of ya! :)

We should do another 2.4x release because it may take some time for
some users to switch to blender 2.5 (over a year for some Id expect).

Getting the tracker below 50 is a pain especially with 2.5 having so
much progress,
personally Id be satisfied if a shortlist of bugs from the tracker
were made a target for a 2.48b release,
- Bugs that affect 2.5 or....
- Bugs that have been added since 2.48a and...
* Only bugs that can reproduced *

There are some annoying bugs in 2.48a that have since been fixed
naming some off the top of my head)..
- nurbs crashing in some cases (my bad),
- clicking on a metastrip can segfault the sequencer.
- paste a UTF string segfaults on linux,
- Other game engine bugs fixed that I havnt kept track of.

If this is still "too much" then we could set a deadline to devs to
get their stuff in order and release a 2.48b as long as no horrible
bugs have been added since 2.48a.

--
- Campbell