[Bf-committers] Languages other then python in Blender 2.5?

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 13 08:07:42 CET 2009

E. Allen Soard wrote:
> I don't think which language a script is written in will be a big issue,
> as even now the scripts already shipping with blender have a hash bang
> prompt which tells the interpreter which language it was written in.
> That could be part of the extension specification.  If you write a api
> hook, you need to specify what hash bang prompt to look for.  If you're
> running a preexisting script, it will already be embedded. For those non
> Linux types who don't know what a has bang prompt is,  here's an example
> from one of blender's bundled scripts
>
> #!BPY

Yes, but what about the Text Window "highlight & execute" work-flow,
which is used by many technical-minded artists for difficult or
repetitive tasks that would otherwise be right pain in the backside.

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt
Analyst Programmer

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the
intended recipient and may be privileged. If you have received this
email inadvertently or you are not the intended recipient, you may not
disseminate, distribute, copy or in any way rely on it. Further, you
should notify the sender immediately and delete the email from your
computer. Whilst we have taken precautions to alert us to the presence
of computer viruses, we cannot guarantee that this email and any files
transmitted with it are free from such viruses.