[Bf-committers] Languages other then python in Blender 2.5?

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 13 06:42:30 CET 2009

Campbell Barton wrote:
> IMHO it's quite likely that with Blender's popularity some developer
> will try this even if we don't ask for it.

I don't know what the official line is, but I am intending to add Lua
support to some extent to my build. Shame BGE is such an integral part
of Blender now, as removing Python completely would be an interesting
experiment.

On the other hand, having the capability to run multiple scripting
languages is going to cause issues for the end-user who uses the
Scripting Window. Having multiple languages is just going to confuse
people when looking at running a sample script they find online. As much
as I have reservations about Python, it is the default language now and
this is not likely to change.

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt
Analyst Programmer

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the
intended recipient and may be privileged. If you have received this
email inadvertently or you are not the intended recipient, you may not
disseminate, distribute, copy or in any way rely on it. Further, you
should notify the sender immediately and delete the email from your
computer. Whilst we have taken precautions to alert us to the presence
of computer viruses, we cannot guarantee that this email and any files
transmitted with it are free from such viruses.