[Bf-committers] From Farsthary another anouncement

Yves Poissant ypoissant2 at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 11 14:39:05 CET 2009

From: "joe" <joeedh at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 6:26 AM

> a good amount of practical information, from someone who uses this
> stuff in production work (ah if I remember right, you do don't you?).

Yup! In two ways. Professionally, I program render engines and right now,
I'm confronted to the issue of trying to interpret legacy material
definition in a physically rendering context. We have several tens of
thousand of legacy materials stored in catalogs (databases). Then
personally, I have a an ongoing project for an animated short. I'm
constantly split between my deep interest in the technical stuff and in the
artistic stuff. That is the story of my life. And in my spare times (yeah
sure) I do acrylic paintings here and there.

Yves