[Bf-committers] From Farsthary another anouncement

echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu
Tue Feb 3 22:51:51 CET 2009

Hi all!

  In order to avoid duplicated efforts, and since now there's a good
chance to implement physically based material types, I want to anounce
that along with the volumetrics and photon mapper I have started the
implementation of an unbiased Bidirectional Monte Carlo Path Tracer in
Render Internal for the most exigent rendering situation when a user
needs to fully solve the rendring equation.
  In my site I will soon post some results previews, as always Im still
not making promess at all and don't expect Indigo/Kerkythea
competititive images anytime soon. But is just a starting point and
anyone interested in that direction is also very wellcome to help or me
collaborate with him.
  Those kind of render algorithm are not suited for animation (due to long
render times that cheating could reduce) but definatelly are a good
choice for stills, arquitectural visualizations, and
calibrating/referncing rendering algoritms.

   Volumetrics and Photon mapping projects are ways to add more terms to
the Blender renderer in order to aproximate the results of the
rendering equation, a Bidirectional Path Tracer will add the rest of
the terms :)

   Since I was a child I have to read several books at the same time
(well, not the same time, I have not eyes on the neck :) ), I just feel
very comfortable switching projects because that way my brain rest
along with the real life activity.

  For the comming weeks don't expect too much development of my side since
I will be in the International Event Informatica 2009 that will take
place in Havana. Where some blender heads are invited too and I'm very
exited to met them in person.
  It is my first invited event and I hope to rise up the expectations
about Blender and make some recomendations of its use in Latin America.

                                         Cheers Farsthary