[Bf-committers] users running with old scripts

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 27 15:58:56 CET 2009

--- On Sat, 12/26/09, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it acceptable to clear the install directory when
> running scons
> with WITH_BF_INSTALL?
> The problem with this is its possible the user writes a
> script and
> saves it in the install dir.

I would be against reusing an existing option for that. It should be separate so it can be turned off if wanted (and possibly be off by default).

Another solution could be to make it part of the "release" target.

~$ scons release

would then delete the install dir before filling it anew.

> Otherwise we could try educate builders better and print
> some warning if existing scripts are found.

Warning on double registration of rna types would be nice anyway and would fit that problem nicely I think.

Martin