[Bf-committers] killer feature: multifluid interactions for fluid particles done! (Farsthary)

Raul Fernandez Hernandez raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Thu Dec 24 20:58:48 CET 2009

Hi all :)

  Fluid - Fluid interactions or Multifluids interactions are responsible
for a wide range of effects and events in nature and heavily used in the
CG insdustry.
  While the Elbeem fluid simulator integrated in Blender is pretty
powerfull is designed for single fluid simulations (I mean, you can't
mix oil with water in it for example) but in SPH particles that is no
longer an issue :) and if that where achieved it will automatically
became a huge feature for the fluid particles :)

 So as my christmas present for the whole Blender community I have
implemented full multifluid interactions for the fluid particles in
Blender!
you can mix any number and any fluid types!! (hardware provided ;) )

  I have sended Lapinou the videos for posting soon in my site, so check
it regularly: http://farsthary.wordpress.com

  I show there three videos, one where two fluids, red and blue, get fully
mixed, one with those get partially mixed and finally one with two
fluids that don't mix each other and form the well known fluid-fluid
interface or boudary.

              I'm very exited about it :)

  So far, fluid particles are almost ready and feature near complete in
the simulation side (after official commit we still add dynamic spring
arrays for shape gloas and rigid body like behavior), so now the main
issue remains the surface generation that will be tackled soon.

  After that Stephen and I will send a patch to Jahka for review.

                                           Have a nice christmas
                                                        Raul Fernandez
(Farsthary)