[Bf-committers] Unifying Spring with Harmonic force (Farsthary)

Raul Fernandez Hernandez raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Thu Dec 17 22:07:27 CET 2009

Hi all :)

   Thanks to Jahka feedback where he told me that he suspected that the
current harmonic force acts in a similar way that my spring
implementations I have performed some research and he is rigth, just
that the harmonic force don't consider a rest length parametter.

   So I have merged both implementation into one, the Harmonic force now
use the Spring force code with rest length and reuse the previous
Harmonic velocity damping. Now everything is ok, if the user set the
rest length of the new Harmonic to 0 he will get the old harmonic
behavior and if set its value to any other he will get the new Spring
force nehavior.

  the new patch is at

    http://www.pasteall.org/9882/diff

   now it requires even less changes :)