[Bf-committers] I'd like to help

Matt. D. matdml at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 15 13:09:58 CET 2009

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:37:12 +0100, Brecht Van Lommel <brecht at blender.org>
wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Here are a number of bugs that seem like they are specific to intel
> graphics cards. You could verify if you can redo them, and if possible
> try to fix.
>
> Thanks,
> Brecht.
>
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=20389&group_id=9&atid=498
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=20007&group_id=9
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=20268&group_id=9
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=20375&group_id=9
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=19964&group_id=9
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=20071&group_id=9&atid=498
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=20184&group_id=9&atid=498
>
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Alan Randolph <tmgarr123 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I noticed in the Blender Developers Meeting notes this statement.  "Help
>> needed! We need OpenGL developers who can compile and test Blender in
>> different configurations, especially ATI and Intel (gfx) environments.
>> This
>> for sculpting (partial update, VBO) and buffer methods (double, triple,
>> draw
>> to texture)"  I would like to offer my help.  I have one machine running
>> Windows XP, Intel Celeron 540, with an Intel 965 graphics chip set.  I
>> have
>> been using Blender for sometime now.  Please let me know how I can be
>> of any
>> help.  My current SVN as of this writing is 25386.  Seems to be running
>> great.  I am also on most Blender forums as Tempus123
>> Thank you
>> Alan

Id like to help you too. If you have anything ATI specific you want me to
test just throw it at me.
Also i made some observations using the new sculpt of which you might be
well aware but i'll list them anyway.

* Simplified view navigation works fine. The only problem i have
personally is
   that it should use the preview resolution from the multires modifier
instead
   the first resolution. This aids navigation if high res mesh differs from
the
   lowest res much.

* View navigation is much smoother in sculpt mode then in object mode with
   mesh with a multires modifier. A 1.5 million verts mesh in object mode
   (preview res maxed out!) has the same impact as a 6 million verts mesh in
   sculpt mode.

* Triple buffering works fine here and is speeding up menu drawing nicely,
when
   drawing the 3dview becomes slow, compared to overlap. I didn't test full
   redraw but don't expect anything glorious so ...

* In textured view port shading the view of the geometry isn't updated at
all.
   Switching to solid updates it.