[Bf-committers] IRC meeting minutes, sunday 13 dec 2009

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Dec 13 18:44:28 CET 2009

Hi all,

1) Current projects

- Maxime Curioni mailed that he prefers to withdraw as developer for
Freestyle (non photo real render). His own software engineering career
has priority now. Co-developer Tamito Kajiyama will take over his
maintainer role.

- Thomas Dinges has updated module owners list, still needs
verification by all devs. Check it!
   http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/ModuleOwners-New

2) Blender 2.5, next release

- Brecht van Lommel merged sculpt in official code tree, with a great
good positive acclaim. Issues reported are mostly opengl related.

- Help needed! We need OpenGL developers who can compile and test
Blender in different configurations, especially ATI and Intel (gfx)
environments. This for sculpting (partial update, VBO) and buffer
methods (double, triple, draw to texture).

- We're still waiting for a release target list for the first official
beta. Ton will discuss it this week with Matt, Brecht and Campbell too.

- William Reynish updated todo list in wiki for UI stuff

- Roger Wickes points to fact we need more docs from coders!
   We can't repeat this too often: any feature committed should be
documented... no doc, no commit!

- Proposal: try to freeze specs for Blender WindowManager and UI APIs
for the next release too.

- Martin Poirier works with Matt Ebb on more usable design/
implementation for Keymap editor.

- More release target ideas: Default key maps, Installation
configurations, theme/layout/screen switching, multi-window usage,
toolbar layouts.

3) Durian

- Planning for artist's work will be final this week, also means the
required developer topics will get more clear. Ton suggests to at
least reserve a full month studio development time for the next 2.5
beta.

- A lot of fun special effects are open still... but if people want to
play? Try melting icicles, good long hair physics, snow and debris
avalanches. Check "get involved" on http://durian.blender.org.

-Ton-