[Bf-committers] Playback of Animation Renders

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 21:26:48 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Thomas Dinges <dingto at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> to be honest, i don't see a problem with the question here on the ML at
> all. We allready had discussions about missing features in 2.5 here before.
> Roger: If he had written "Bring back the damn play button man!" your
> statement may would have been appropriate ("you sound like a little
> kid...") but not in this case!
>
> To answer the question:
> The "play" feature will be of course be available in 2.5 again. Either
> it will be brought back 1:1 or with some improvements, I remember some
> discussions about that (William even had a Mockup for a new Anim
> Player). We will see when/how it will come back, no real plans for now.
>
> Thomas

I really would not have asked but one of my self appointed tasks is
helping people on #blender with questions about 2.4 and 2.5. This one
comes up a lot and I have never had a good answer.

Thanks for defending my question. Blender that can't show its own vids
is a bit like a web browser that can't show graphics. OK, I admit it.
I use Lynx. LOL.

I would still love to know why this is not yet implemented. Is it hard
to code? It is nice to have stories to tell.

Thanks again.

--
Douglas E Knapp AKA Human-Bean

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.