[Bf-committers] 2.5 UI font

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Thu Dec 10 07:42:12 CET 2009

Knapp kirjoitti:
> bet we would loose all that with QT. PyQT has a restrictive licence
> but QT is good.

This is getting offtopic, but just so that you know, there is also
PythonQt which is actually made for embedding like done in Blender. We
are using it in our Ogre network client app, Naali, to use Qt also from
Python in the c++ app. PythonQt is not GPL but some BSD-like license,
and also comes with wrappers to the qt core & gui etc libs. Then again
Blender itself is GPL like PyQt so I don't know what your point was :)

The cool thing is that with PythonQt it is not only about UI, but the
metaobject system - qt properties and slots are automatically exposed to
Python (and Javascript via QtScript) without any manual bindings code,
basically similar to the Blender RNA mechanism.

Blender has the own things, they are in place and working - am myself
looking forward to integrating things from different apps to be tools
there, curious to see how that goes (like can i use qt libs written for
elsewhere in blender with pyqt or pythonqt or something).

~Toni