[Bf-committers] 2.5 UI font

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 18:40:19 CET 2009

--- On Wed, 12/9/09, dwarf at free.fr <dwarf at free.fr> wrote:

> My first goal in this post was mainly
> to get some tricks to get the old font
> back by myself... perharps it's not the
> time, but i won't give up ;)

Diego already said he would look into it.

> Unfortunately, in most 3D works, you frequently
> need to have 2 views (3D + UV...). So, the new concept can
> lead to this:
> http://dwarf.free.fr/blender2.5/ui_issues/2.5overlap.jpg

There's no incentive in Blender to use overlapping windows.
2.5 supports multi window setups mainly for dual (or more) screen layouts (and non rectangular layouts).

> i don't know how it is possible to make long and
> productive working sessions with such layouts.

They use higher resolution 16:9 screens. It's obvious that layouts used at higher resolution will look bad at lower ones and at a different aspect ratio.

In future release, we can probably have a choice of default file on first run to choose between 4:3 screens and 16:9 screens (instead of design defaults for 16:9 only).

Martin