[Bf-committers] 2.5 UI font

Mats Holmberg mats.holmberg at 2me.fi
Wed Dec 9 07:23:36 CET 2009

On 9.12.2009, at 2.01, Vilem Novak wrote:

> Hello, these are good ideas, but I guess while horizontal layout really is asking for trouble, there are issues with vertical layout that can be finished after the proposals, and make everybody reasonably satisfied(at least 1 working UI)>
> solve issue with still-horizontal and long header
> possibly tab-ed panels
> some more readability and space issues
> I guess this list is much shorter and possibly easier to accomplish?

I personally could live with a vertical layout, that is a bit more polished. As I said earlier my problem is the header still =)

But I don't really understand the talk about horizontal layouts being troublesome because of all the scrolling. The only times I've had to scroll in a horizontal layout are when I do rigging or browse through lists of things like modifiers. But that's something one has to do in a vertical layout as well. In 2.x I never scroll horizontally, because everything fits and is visible as it is. So in a sense the horizontal layout in 2.x works like the vertical layout in 2.5.. just without the need to scroll the header.

-mats