[Bf-committers] 2.5 UI font

Mats Holmberg mats.holmberg at 2me.fi
Tue Dec 8 14:38:04 CET 2009

On 8.12.2009, at 14.37, dwarf at free.fr wrote:

> to design issues or inconsistencys.
>
> With the new design, the horizontal layout
> for buttons does not work well, thats
> a fact and was planned.

I see your point with the AA-fonts. I too am quite a heavy Blender user and think that the non-AA fonts allow for a much clearer read at small font sizes. I would like to have them back too, as an option. I tried scaling down the fonts to something I'd like to use, and as they are now they just became a mess.

With the button layout I thought we now have the option to organize everything ourselves (?) So shouldn't it be possible to fairly easily make different configurations to allow for horizontal layouts. I haven't studied this, but I'm also used to horizontal layouts, mainly because of what you said: it's a PITA to scroll the headers all the time.

By no means do I want to undermine the great work that is being done, but from my point of view as a user, these are valid points.

-mats