[Bf-committers] IRC meeting notes dec 6 2009

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Dec 6 18:44:01 CET 2009

Hi all,

Here is notes from today's sunday meeting.

1) 2.5 project, next release targets

- We still need a good list of release targets for the next release  
(2.5 beta 1).
   Ton will ask Matt to add that on his todo for this week.

- Targets should be related to the 2.5 project in general. That's for  
example specs for keymaps, keymaps themselves, themes, final button  
layouts, properties and tools naming, toolbar configurations,  
installation procedures, and parts of the python API (for UI, import/ 

- Official module maintainer list has to be refreshed. Thomas Dinges  
volunteers, will do this in wiki during the next week, and comes back  
next meeting.

- Andrea will work on file/image browser, and do Sequencer fixes.  
(Campbell declared Sequencer "prohibitively broken" after seeing Colin  
use it here :).

- Campbell mentions other topics that need decisions or work: Pything  
class caching for faster startup, what to do with TexFace.

- Martin works further on proper methods to use Macros in 2.5

2) Other current projects

- BMesh progresses, but slowly at the moment. Joe thinks it's at 90%  
now, but "last 10% is hardest and will involve other developers like  
Brecht and/or Matt". He is also looking into a rubust Mesh Node system.

- New sculpt with disk-cached multires is being tested now. It  
performs great, needs some bugfixing still. Brecht will work on it soon.

- Joe does a warm but urgent request to seriously evaluate his DSM  
(deep shadow map) code, especially for the hair shadow case.


Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation   ton at blender.org    www.blender.org
Blender Institute   Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam   The Netherlands

More information about the Bf-committers mailing list