[Bf-committers] Blender GUI not working anymore on Debian sid.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 20:06:01 CEST 2009

> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-devel@lists.debian.org/msg275131.html
>
> Probably you know about this mail already, but I thought I just mention
> it for any case...

Hi Dietrich, I didn't know of this mail, Id like to bring this up
later when the Durian production meeting is over. (in a few days).

re: http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-devel@lists.debian.org/msg275195.html
* Many Linux users compile blender themselves, not sure why including
our own libs would be confused with this. From the perspective of
distributing an application, having mac/windows/linux use the same
libraries gives predictability for the user and lest them run the same
binary on many linux distributions too, especially important for
games.

* FTGL, Blender2.5 wont use FTGL so there is no interest in spending
time on this.

* Peter is trying to get his patches to ffmpeg included upstream.
Switching to gstreamer in 2.5 is a possibility.

* Many small issues which come up on the radar like insecure use of
/tmp or inclusion of "." in pythons sys.path could be fixed but tend
to get ignored in the tracker when amongst bugs like "Blender Crashes
When .....", Could the small changes be listed together and then we
can try resolve all of them at once.  Maybe going over Debians diff
would be enough.  Even we cant resolve every issue, would be good to
try and get most of them fixed.

- Campbell