[Bf-committers] Blender GUI not working anymore on Debian sid.

Dietrich Bollmann diresu at web.de
Thu Aug 27 11:08:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

Recently, when trying to work with blender 2.46 and 2.49 on debian sid
the blender menus are not displayed anymore.

The 2.49 version is from the debian package; the 2.46 version I
compiled by myself.

Any idea how this could be caused?

>From memory I now that the blender 'about' item is the first one in
the blender help menu.  When clicking the 'help' menu and than moving
the mouse to the place the 'about' item should be located, the blender
splash screen still is displayed, even without the menu being shown.
The same is true for the other menu items also.  But of course this
makes it impossible to work with blender on my computer.

Thanks, Dietrich

I am on a IBM/Lenovo X60s laptop running debian sid.