[Bf-committers] GStreamer

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Wed Aug 26 20:02:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Someone told me to check gnonlin for that, I guess that's a newer
> gst-nonlin?

> http://gnonlin.sourceforge.net/dev/

I ment gnonlin, my fault. Please check their seeking code nevertheless.

> > * the bundled ffmpeg versions were always a little bit outdated (even
> >    more outdated than the Blender ones :) )
> >

> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-ffmpeg/tree/ffmpegrev

that's what I ment. It seems to be 0.5 stable, which is already a little
bit outdated... :)
(Doesn't include swscaler changes I got submited recently, e.g. ...)

> #gstreamer:
> neXyon: does gst work without trouble on mac ppc, ie big endian?
> twi_: neXyon:  yes definitely
> __tim: yes

Carefull! The problem lies within libswscaler. So: GST will work
*perfectly* with Big Endian. But that doesn't mean, that your color
conversion will work, too...

That can probably be fixed by carefull coding afterwards.

Maybe a better idea is, to get my new plugin system up and running.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Requests/Plugin-System

After that, you can just write input plugins, that are dynamically loaded
into blender (and can be controlled within a seperate source tree).

So there could be an input plugin, that uses ffmpeg directly, one that
uses gstreamer, etc.

Cheers,
Peter

----