[Bf-committers] Call for Papers: Entertainment Computing ... anyone want to write about the BGE ?

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 01:17:49 CEST 2009

Hello there.

I'm going to write a paper on "low budget" immersive gamming with
Blender Game Engine and iDomes (domes with spherical mirrors). Or
something else dome related.
I do believe they would like other papers on Blender Game Engine as well.

Therefore I thought someone from Yo Frankie project or BGE development
team could be interested on that.

Cheers,

Dalai
http://blenderecia.orgfree.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://ees.elsevier.com/entcom/

Call for Papers: Entertainment Computing

New Journal!

Elsevier is pleased to announce the upcoming launch of Entertainment
Computing, the Official Journal of the International Federation for
Information Processing.

This journal will publish original, peer-reviewed research articles
and serves as a forum for stimulating and disseminating innovative
research ideas, emerging technologies, empirical investigations,
state-of-the-art methods and tools in all aspects of digital
entertainment, new media, entertainment computing, gaming, robotics,
toys and applications among researchers, engineers, social scientists,
artists and practitioners. Theoretical, technical, empirical, survey
articles and case studies will all be appropriate to the journal.

Specific areas of interest include:

Computer, video, console and internet games
Digital new media for entertainment
Entertainment robots
Entertainment technology, applications, application program
interfaces, and entertainment system architectures
Human factors of entertainment technology
Impact of entertainment technology on users and society
Integration of interaction and multimedia capabilities in entertainment systems
Interactive television and broadcasting
Methodologies, paradigms, tools, and software/hardware architectures
for supporting entertainment applications
New genres of entertainment technology
Simulation/gaming methodologies used in education, training, and research

The scope of this journal is not only technical. It also covers
empirical and theoretical issues regarding entertainment practices.
This is reflected by our editorial board, a mixture of scientists,
engineers, practitioners, and artists. In the area of empirical
studies we are looking for contributions which are very well
documented, innovative, and tested or evaluated in a particular
entertainment domain.

Submit your paper now: ees.elsevier.com/entcom

Editors-in-Chief

Ryohei Nakatsu
National University of Singapore
Singapore

Matthias Rauterberg Technical University Eindhoven
The Netherlands