[Bf-committers] Blender2.5 and Video-Textures

Goat Man goatman.py at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 00:01:14 CEST 2009

I can not fully compare it to the game engine since i have never played with
the BGE that much.
  . I prefer to have my own mainloop in Python, so i can control frame
dropping.
  . I would rather code my own interface in GTK for device control, rather
than using Blender's Logic Editor.  Partly because i want to have more logic
options.
  . I think (somebody hopefully can correct me) that not using the BGE is
faster (or maybe only slightly) if you have alot of complex Python code that
must be run each frame.
  . I also want to be able to exit the plugin and go directly back to
Blender, and relaunch Pyppet again.
-brett