[Bf-committers] patch 19239: branches/bmesh/blender face selection similar face selection

Wael EL ORAIBY wael.eloraiby at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:02:37 CEST 2009

That's a great news, :) I ll try to work on similar area selection
now. For textured faces, I need to do more tests, blender seems to
crash when I load a textured + material texture object (a blender
2.49a file). Since, the unwrap UV is not working yet :-/ , we might
need to discuss this further. I ll keep you informed.

Wael,

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 6:54 AM, joe<joeedh at gmail.com> wrote:
> The patch is looking good.  I don't really have any real issues with
> it.  In bmops, output slots don't have the plural 's' in them, so e.g.
> faceout is correct while facesout is not.  That was the only thing;
> I'm very happy with your patch (don't worry about fixing facesout,
> I'll do that when I commit the final patch).
>
> Joe
>
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 2:44 PM, joe<joeedh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Awesome, I'll take a look at this later today when I have time.
>> Anyway, the proper method is MTexPoly *mtpoly =
>> CustomData_bmesh_get(&bm->pdata, face->head.data, CD_MTEXPOLY);
>>
>> To check if te mesh has uv layers at all, use
>> CustomData_has_layer(&bm->pdata, CD_MTEXPOLY);
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Wael EL ORAIBY<wael.eloraiby at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This patch resolves a bug in the previous one (BM_FACE was misused)
>>> and adds the similar perimeter/coplanar face selection.
>>>
>>> A note, for area of the polygons, I am going to fake the area
>>> computation, since polygons can be non planar. An exact solution would
>>> be having the polygons triangulated the same way (like using a CDT)
>>> that guarantee a unique triangulation and that is independent of
>>> rotation/translation and uniform scaling. Of course this requires a
>>> lot of performance, so, we are going to compute the centroid and then
>>> compute the areas of the polygon using triangles around this centroid
>>> (again, we are faking it).
>>>
>>> For the similar texture selection, I assume I should use
>>> CustomData_number_of_layers(&bm->pdata, CD_MTEXPOLY), for the moment I
>>> didn't figure it, can someone tell me how to get the texture (ACTIVE
>>> ONE) of a face in bmesh plz?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wael El Oraiby