[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [22639] branches/blender2.5/blender: Smoke :

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Thu Aug 20 15:43:54 CEST 2009

Hi Daniel,

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 02:33 +0200, Daniel Genrich wrote:
> CODERS HINT #1: we really need a way to disable adding all modifiers through "Add Modifiers" dropdown!

I could add this, but I personally would prefer it if all modifiers
could be added through this menu to keep things consistent.

Isn't the real issue with the point cache? It makes no sense to me to
have a separate modifier for high resolution, if it has to be coupled
with a regular smoke modifier anyway. This system of using the modifier
index is actually wrong, since this way you also lose point cache when
manipulating modifiers. A solution would be to put a counter in Object
for unique IDs of point cache. When a point cache is added, this counter
is increased and the unique ID used instead of the modifier stack
location.

Brecht.