[Bf-committers] Is there a parallel pipeline in blender?

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Mon Aug 10 23:48:47 CEST 2009

Hi,

As mentioned, Blender already does multithreading in various places.
Some using the BLI_thread functions, others using OpenMP. I'm not sure
why you are talking about CPU pipelining, to me it seems what you are
proposing is standard multithreading, so it may be better to talk in
that terminology. There's more places in Blender that could benefit from
multithreading, and they can share some code, but basically need to be
handled on a case by case basis. What you're proposing is very generic,
so it's unclear to me what it is really about.

Brecht.