[Bf-committers] [BF-committers] Updating FFMPEG

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 07:20:01 CEST 2009

Peter, I was aware that we patch ffmpeg, so why not have the patches
ffmpeg in ../lib/$OS/ffmpeg?, we have a linux lib dir but its not been
used for ages.
CMake does use the systems ffmpeg, but since its not used for release
builds nobody pays much attention.

I'll change my vote for +1 for a patched ffmpeg in lib and add
../lib/linux/ffmpeg, the patches can stay in blenders source tree.

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Martin Poirier<theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Sat, 8/8/09, José Ignacio <jose.cyborg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If those patches are so crucial for blender's performance,
>> why
>> linux/scons uses the distro's FFMPEG library by default?
>
> It doesn't. Both trunk and 2.5 default to #extern/ffmpeg while system ffmpeg is commented out.
>
> Martin

- Campbell