[Bf-committers] Sound Branch Status

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 01:21:07 CEST 2009

+1 for further testing once in 2.5, getting users testing sound in a
branch is not so easy.
Even though I'm optimistic about this going well it wouldn't hurt to
have a review first, Since we don't really have many sound devs it
could be shared, Peter to review sequencer, Ton/Brecht its integration
with blender Benoit/myself for BGE.
Small bugs shouldn't hold up the merge, review can be to approve
integration/design.

You can make a patch and re-apply it with the option
--ignore-whitespace though now I know you can do "svn blame -x
--ignore-all-space" and ignore whitespace commits I'm not so fussed
about this.

+1 for removing CD-Actuator and removing bSample probably ok too
(never worked as it was designed).

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:55 AM, Carsten Wartmann<cw at blenderbuch.de> wrote:
> Daniel Genrich schrieb:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I disagree about all the testing phase stuff here - only 1% of blender
>> users are using sound anyway and it's so much seperated that it cannot
>> break too much.
>
> Hey, I am using sound to sync Anims to a given narration. And of course
> the gameengine.
>
> BUT: In the past Sound and Blender was something like "if it works, be
> happy, if not there is no one to fix".
>
> So just merge, everyone using sound (I think more than 1% ;-) will be
> happy to help.
>
> Carsten
>
> --
> Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
> Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/
> Das Blender-Buch: http://blenderbuch.de/redirect.html

- Campbell