[Bf-committers] Sound Branch Status

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 12:29:51 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 9:22 PM, neXyon <nexyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Sorry that I didn't write any updates recently, but the interest in this
> branch isn't to high, so I simply kept working noiselessly.
>
> The current status of the branch is: working! :)
> I'm already annoying ppl to update the library dependencies for Windows
> and Apple and everything should work on those plattforms too soon.
> All further information can be still found on
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:NeXyon/Sound

Cool.

> So actually I'm ready for merging the branch into 2.5. In my opinion
> that can be done as soon as the libraries are updated, but I don't know
> if you want to have a testing phase first? I think it's more likely to
> be tested when merged and as 2.5 isn't going to be released tomorrow
> anyway...

Perhaps if we could have a little testing phase first (advertise this a bit)
before merging? Dunno...

> For merging I also have to mention that I currently marked nearly all of
> my changes in the blender code with // AUD_XXX for the reason to find
> them fast and because I hardly deleted old code, but commented it all
> out. I guess all that can/should be removed before the merge? Also my
> IDE deleted some whitespaces in some files I worked on, I hope that
> doesn't matter? Otherwise I'll have to merge manually there.

Death to all text editors that do not support a decent whitespace
preservation setting (and/or defaults for that). I'd prefer that such
changes were minimised, since files with whitespace stripped are generally
clumsier to edit + quite ugly...

> The next steps after merging would be cleanup anyway, the SoundSystem
> library has to be removed out of intern, the CDActuator and the bSample
> structures have to be deleted as well.

Perhaps it'd be better if you should do cleanup before merging. That way,
there may be lesser disruptions caused by removed stuff causing big
disruptions...