[Bf-committers] cmake updates in trunk (2.49)

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Tue Apr 28 22:35:30 CEST 2009

Hi,
dfelinto at gmail.com (2009-04-28 at 0139.55 -0300):
> > Tried wrapping it with IF(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE MATCHES "Debug")
> > conditional?
>
> It doesn't work. A simple check showed me that CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is not
> even set here:
>   MESSAGE( STATUS "CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE: " ${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE} )
>   MESSAGE( STATUS "WIN_LIBDIR: " ${WIN_LIBDIR} ) (just to make sure
> the output itself is working)
>
> output:
> 1>-- CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:
> 1>-- WIN_LIBDIR: C:\Blender\BF_DOME\BF_DOME\..\lib\windows
>
> It's odd.

It was a quick suggestion based in the CMakeCache.txt I have, and
wrong. With more time, I just checked for extra info, that var only
exists for single config generators, and multi config instead have
CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES. So I would look if it is possible and how
to determine which is being processed so the copy command only happens
in that case.

Oh, BTW, I would suggest new commits use less upper case (for example
vars in uppercase, directives like set or message, lowercase), CMake
is case insensitive, but reading all in caps is harder with all
letters having the same height. Even official CMake docs are moving
away from all upper case.

GSR